So as we say goodbye to 2010 and hello to a new year and I wanted to do my own top ten lists ala Alicia
Things I did in 2010:
10. Turned thirty and was surprised by a party
9. Embraced my inner child and put on my new roller skates
8. Fell more in love with my husband and we turn 3 tomorrow
7. Took a chance
6. Learned more about teaching from the children I teach
5. Fell out of love with writing
4. Fell in love with film
3. Spent time in my favourite city, sipping my favourite drink, with my favourite person
2. Played in the snow like a child
1. Joined a gym and enjoyed going
What I lost in 2010:
10. A bag (le sac)
9. Some facebook friends
8. Body confidence
7. The ability to drink without a hangover
6. Some wellworn shoes but not the memories that accompanied them!
5. Time for friends (need to address this in 2011!)
4. My drive to write in this here blog
3. Patience with of a couple of people
2. Fear of performance and of finally becoming and being a teacher
1. Excuses - time for action!
What I found in 2010:
10. My love of wandering and wanderlust.
9. Positivity in the face of rubbish times
8. That I am a singstar!
7. Dreams of Greek beaches, ouzo and sunshine
6. That I do love maki
5. Hope is a thing that you do, not something that happens for you.
6. Sparkly high shoes.
5. The importance of taking time and care with yourself and appearance, it really can make you feel better.
4. Beautiful dresses. Snap!
3. Words do matter, writing is needed!
2. That film feeling.
1. A longing for adventure with the people I love.
What I learned in 2010:
10. I can’t drive well yet
9. I am a good teacher
8. How to make lavender icing
7. Not everyone is judging you
6. How much I mean to people
5. I am my own worst enemy
4. I am positive
3. I am strong
2. Don’t search for happiness, experience it in everything you do.
1. If at first you don’t succeed, have a cocktail and then try again!
My goals for 2011
# Read more.
# Finish my NQT year well
# Lose weight, shape up and feel fit again.
Do you have any goals for the upcoming year you’d like to share?
We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day. ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce
My favourite Christmas songs of loveliness :)
One of my traditions on Christmas Eve is to feel festive by singing carols and Christmas songs and here are some of my favourites.
Oh Holy Night
By far the best Christmas song ever in the world. Fact.
It Was On A Starry Night
A primary school fave :)
The Pogues & Kirsty McColl - Fairytale Of New York
Example of how lyrics so wrong can be so so right!
Winter Wonderland - Doris Day
Her voice makes me just feel CHristmassy - just like the film footage from By the Light of the Silvery Moon adn On Moonlight Bay - awesome Christmas films…
Lastly, it wouldn’t be Christmas without a bit of Bing, I have to watch White Christmas at Christmas or it wouldn’t feel rightly festive. Here are some of my favourites from that film!
Bing Crosby - White Christmas
Count Your Blessings by Rosemary Clooney
The Snow Song
Awh I adore this, have to go watch it asap!
The feel of a new book, the weight of the hardback, the crisp linen that is the newly printed page. I miss reading for pleasure, so with the New Year approaching, I have decided to read 100 books in 2011. Cheer me on, join in, hopefully this will see me crossing off that 100 book reading list in my bucket list also. I love reading, I just need a push to start the wheels turning again!
Pen in hand, creatively stirring up an imaginative storm of loveliness. My aim to write some everyday, I plan on buying a new notebook for this very purpose. I hope to have explored some new writing ideas by this time next year and have taken one idea on a journey right to its end.
"Sanity is the playground of the unimaginative" - Albert Einstein.
|<< <||Current||> >>|