Not for the first time. Here I go again. A lot has happened in our time apart, I miss this blog and have decided to resurrect it, with pages to compliment each part of my journey for this next year. So we need a facelift, a rejig and a new vibe. That I aim to do. The theme for the month of June for me is to Revitalise and to do that I am turning off the comment to spambots, leaving the space to explore my thoughts and ideas. I will, when feeling brave enough, open up the floor to educated discussion and debate Until then. Let’s have a catch up.
So I like lists and I borrowed this one in 2010, I was kinda busy NY 2011 so I’ll drop it in now.
Things I did in 2011:
10. Became a qualified teacher
9. Holidayed in the sun with my husband
8. Explored ideas in my classroom
7. Reconciled a broken friendship
6. Learned more about teaching from the children I teach
5. Fell out of love with reading
4. Fell in love with my family
3. Spent time creating a nest
2. Realised I had made friends
1. Grew a baby
What I lost in 2011:
10. My double life
9. Some facebook friends
8. Body confidence
7. The inclination to drink alcohol
6. Some wellworn shoes but not the memories that accompanied them!
5. Time for friends (need to address this in 2011!)
4. My drive to write in this here blog
3. Patience with of a couple of people
2. My class!!!
1. Good toenails - do not underestimate the power of pain
What I found in 2011:
10. My love of wandering and wanderlust is still there
9. That I can accomplish scary tasks
8. The human body is an amazing tour de force
7. Dreams of Greek beaches, ouzo and sunshine
6. That I do love maki, champagne, chocolate mousse - even more when I can’t have it!
5. Hope is a thing that you do, not something that happens for you.
6. Ugg boots.
5. The importance of taking time and care with yourself and appearance, it really can make you feel better.
4. Beautiful dresses. Snap!
3. Words do matter, writing is needed!
2. That film feeling.
1. A longing for adventure with the people I love.
What I learned in 2011:
10. I can’t drive well yet
9. I am a good teacher
8. How to look after myself
7. Not everyone is judging you
6. How much I mean to people
5. I am my own worst enemy
4. I am positive
3. I am strong
2. Don’t search for happiness, experience it in everything you do.
1. If at first you don’t succeed, have a cocktail and then try again!
My goals for 2012
# Have an amazing first year with my son.
# Lose weight, shape up and feel fit again.
# Spend time having fun with the people I love.
On that note, I am going for now, more tomorrow on my plan of action for an energetic June.
"Life is as extreme as you wanna make it! Whoo!" - Spongebob Squarepants
|<< <||Current||> >>|